Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A simple but HEARTFELT thank YOU.

September 26, 2010. I have been waiting for that day to come. Not only I, but thousands of other aspiring educators as well, with the objective of passing the Licensure Examination for Teachers, if not being able to leap through it with flying colors. My prayer was very simple, that God would help me remember all that I need to remember and forget all that I need to forget. Prior to that day, I had a big fight with my other half, making me doubt what my future would be in my desired profession. I asked God if He wills for me to continue taking the exam and I got a sign that He did. Without proper sleep and with head full of thoughts and worries, I went to the school where we were to take the examination. I listened very well to all the words that were coming out of the mouths of the proctors, even to those conversations which were not even meant for the examinees. I made sure to listen and take into heart every instruction, suggestion, and advice. I was sure that God was beside me when I took the exam, although no chair was prepared before Him. He patiently waited for me to read again and again each question, contemplate about each answer, and go through it again if there was doubt that was left in me. I prayed for two things, for my heart to be both soft and hard depending on how the events would take its course. I prayed for a soft and humble heart should I be given the opportunity to pass and make it. I also prayed for a hard heart, as strong as a diamond so that I could easily accept the results of what I started for the day. I was the first to finish taking the exam in our assigned room. I felt very light upon going home, not sure if it was fatigue and sleepiness I was feeling or the happiness I felt that something heavy was lifted from my shoulders. I was talking with God at that time. He was silent.

November 16, 2010. God spoke. He was smiling and was saying the words "Well done my child. Well done."

No comments: