Sunday, January 17, 2010

As simple as I love you

Sometimes I wonder what makes us love people. As I was searching for answers to my questions, I've found out one thing: there is no definite answer. I am not sure if it is indeed caused by certain chemicals produced by our brain or it is simply because we chose to love that specific person we have fallen for. I always ask my husband why he loves me, and I get a very confusing answer; I don't know. That's what inspired me to write the poem below. I was trying to provide an explanation for his answer, and remarkably, I understood him because when I asked myself the same question, I ended up having the same answer as his. =)


I’ve been asked before why I love you
I thought I would be able to answer
I searched for words that would justify
But my mind went shut and my mouth went dry


There is nothing extraordinary about you
Your hair, your face, your eyes, your nose
Everything’s the same with others
Why did I have to choose you and make my doors closed?


I’ve wanted someone to woo me
Someone that would say good things about me
Someone that would take the moon and the stars
And promise to make me the center of his universe


Nothing ever came out of your mouth
No words that would make me head over heels in love with you
Not by words did you win me, now that is true


But All you did was show it all
And that’s what you just had to do

Never did I hear you complain about me
Even when I’m not in my best mood
Although there are times you lose your cool
At the end of the day we sort everything out
Just like what they do with math problems at school


You gave me love just by stroking my hair
When you had no idea I was pretending to be asleep
You gave me love by accepting me for who and what I am
And making me feel complete

Now I ask myself why I love you
But still couldn’t answer why
But it’s okay because now I know
That true love can’t be explained by words nor be justified


I love you because that’s how I feel
I love you, my husband for no reason at all
I love you without hesitations and limitations
And I know I don’t have to explain it all.


I love you for who you are, for what you are, and what you will still be,
I love you my better half and your presence is all I need to be blissfully happy.

No comments: